Website Team Horner Group
Working Together, Growing Together, Winning Together
COMPANY: Team Horner Group
REPORTS TO: Corporate Accounting Manager
We are seeking a motivated accountant! The right candidate for this role will be knowledgeable and willing to help with a variety of tasks. Having the right attitude is critical in this role as well as the ability to handle multiple projects and issues at the same time.
- Gather, enter, prepare, and distribute permits reports monthly.
Sales Tax Returns
- Prepare the sales tax Excel worksheets and sales tax returns.
- Reconcile the Sales Tax Payable general ledger accounts to the tax returns.
- Pay the sales tax due.
- Create files for each in sales tax returns and update monthly after tax due is paid.
- Update prepayment schedule monthly to ensure estimates made are still adequate.
- Post Journal entries to record sales tax payments monthly
- Ensure e-file software subscriptions are paid each year
- Enter lease additions, changes and maintain lease software database by the end of the month.
- Run lease calculation reports monthly to be used in preparing journal entries
- Prepare and enter journal entries.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts to reports.
- Scan lease documents and save in the software documents folder.
- Print reports for CPAs for annual audit reporting in January/February each year when the files are given to the CPAs.
Bank Reconciliation & Journal Entries
- Download banking transaction in excel spread sheet monthly.
- Analyze data and prepare journal entries
- Enter Journal entries, and review journals to ensure correctly done
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation.
- Review and clear out old items within 20 days of bank statement date by liaising with the required departments and making journal entries as required.
- Prepare and post Payroll entries for SHS and THG including accruals
Financial Reporting, workpapers and Forecasting
- Prepare branch Financials and save/distribute in shared folders.
- Reconcile/Balance Solver branch cashflows reports.
- Prepare branch dashboard reports.
- Prepare cashflow forecasts for Europe and France companies.
- Setup and maintain workpaper files and all Team companies for review monthly.
- Maintain filing cabinets and transfer year old files to boxes and place in storage.
- Open and sort mail and file as required.
- Place Stationery orders as needed.
- Positive, enthusiastic, and flexible attitude
- Team player mentality
- Proficient in Microsoft Office – especially excel and outlook
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail required
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to changing needs of department
- Excellent problem solving and people skills also required
- Experience in FACTS and NetSuite are a plus
- Experience in Accounting Systems required
- Experience in using office equipment such as printers, copiers, scanners, postage machine, etc.
- At least 2 years of experience in Financial Reporting
- Willing to work extra hours as needed
- Seeks and achieves continuous personal improvement as well as suggesting new ideas that encourage personal, departmental or company growth.
Compensation & Benefits
- Participation in the Team Horner Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Ongoing industry training
- Yearly performance and long service awards and events
- Paid time off: Holiday, Vacation and Personal
- Health, dental and vision insurance offered
- Short/Long term disability insurance offered
- 401K and Roth offered
- Extensive wellness program including one-to-one coaching, healthy living seminars, exercise facilities and classes, stand-up desks and many other great incentives
- Positive and friendly work environment
- Merchandise discounts
…and so much more!