Website HornerXpress South Florida, Inc.
COMPANY: HornerXpress South Florida, Inc.
REPORTS TO: Branch Manager
The right candidate for this position is a proactive team player with strong organization and communication skills. This role requires high engagement, flexibility, and a can-do attitude to support the Tile Manager in ensuring the efficient operations of the department. Warehouse and DOT HAZMAT experience required.
• Oversee Tile Department receiving and ensure orders are counted, received accurately, and stored in correct locations in a timely manner.
• Process necessary receiving paperwork per department requirements.
• Oversee delivery schedules and orders
• Assist in ensuring Tile Department delivery trucks are properly equipped and up-to-date with DOT and HAZMAT certifications and necessary paperwork
• Ensure shipping orders are pulled, checked, and packed safely for outbound deliveries
• Verify trucks are loaded securely and out by scheduled times each day to meet delivery and return time expectations
• Road test and certify all Tile Department drivers
• Ensure Tile warehouse and surrounding areas are maintained in a clean and efficient manner
• Do regular inspections of warehouse for safety issues, document and report areas of concern to appropriate manager/department
• Prepare accident reports and make safety corrections as needed
• Provide ongoing safety training and supervision to staff
• Assign and oversee daily tasks of Tile warehouse and counter staff
• Coach and train staff on proper procedures and job duties
• Review time and attendance of warehouse personnel
• Conduct employee reviews using KRAs
• Report on department performance at various meetings or as requested by management
• Responsible for daily cycle counts
• Serve as backup to warehouse and counter, filling in as needed
• Ensure empty pallets are organized, stacked safely and secured for use by multiple departments
• Participate in negotiations with outside trash container vendors and ensure containers are properly maintained
• Other duties as assigned
• Positive, enthusiastic and flexible attitude
• Team-player mentality
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Strong communication and organizational skills
• Forklift certified
• DOT HAZMAT certified
• FACTS knowledge a plus
• At least two years’ experience in warehousing
• Must have the ability to lift and move products up to 100 lbs.
• Flexible and adaptable to change
• Seeks and achieves continuous personal improvement and suggests new ideas that encourage personal, departmental and company growth.
Compensation & Benefits
• Participation in the Team Horner Employee Stock Ownership Plan
• Tuition reimbursement
• Ongoing industry training
• Yearly performance and long service awards and events
• Paid time off: Holiday, Vacation and Personal
• Health, dental and vision insurance offered
• Short/Long term disability insurance offered
• 401K and Roth offered
• Extensive wellness program including one-to-one coaching, healthy living seminars, exercise facilities and classes, stand-up desks and many other great incentives
• Positive and friendly work environment
• Merchandise discounts
…and so much more!
Team Horner is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages growth and opportunity for all. We are a Drug-free Workplace.