Website HornerXpress, Palmbeach, Inc.
Working Together, Growing Together, Winning Together
We have an immediate opening for a Delivery Driver to join our team in West Palm Beach, FL. The right candidate for this role will enjoy working with customers, be prompt, reliable, and have a clean driving record.
- Accurately pull and load orders onto truck based on delivery schedule
- Pack orders on to truck in a neat and orderly manner and mark outside of truck in accordance with DOT regulations, if applicable.
- Double check shipping orders to ensure accuracy before leaving for route.
- Perform daily pre- and post-trip inspection of trucks
- Unload vehicle and place returned merchandise to assigned areas
- Maintain truck with proper fuel level, keep interior clean and free of debris
- Maintain service schedule, notify supervisor immediately of any repairs/work needed on vehicle
- Report all road violations, accidents, and unusual occurrences to supervisor immediately
- Provide prompt, courteous and efficient customer service/deliveries
- Deliver products to customers and stock shelves where appropriate
- Responsible for collecting COD payments on delivery and note all check/cash collections on order form
- Obtain signature for each delivery or obtain supervisor’s permission to leave orders unsigned for
- Fill out necessary paperwork for product/warranty returns
- Assist in maintaining a safe, clean and organized warehouse
- Help with warehouse stock replenishment
- Communicate any changes in customers’ buying habits or other matters needing attention to Branch Manager or Salesperson
- Other duties as assigned.
- Positive, enthusiastic and flexible attitude
- CDL License Preferred
- Strong communication skills
- Forklift certified a plus
- Clean driving record
- Safety conscious
- Able to do basic math functions (add, subtract, divide and multiply)
- Ability to drive multiple hours at a time
- Ability to frequently lift/carry/move 50 – 100lbs
- Ability to deliver up to 350lb of equipment with a hand cart
- Bi-lingual a plus
- A willingness to do what it takes to get the job done
- Strong commitment to the Team Horner Value System
Compensation & Benefits:
- Participation in the Team Horner Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Ongoing industry training
- Yearly performance and long service awards and events
- Paid time off: Holiday, Vacation and Personal
- Health, dental and vision insurance offered
- Short/Long term disability insurance offered
- 401K and Roth offered
- Extensive wellness program including one-to-one coaching, healthy living seminars, exercise facilities and classes, stand-up desks and many other great incentives
- Positive and friendly work environment
- Merchandise discounts
…and so much more!
Team Horner is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages growth and opportunity for all. We are a Drug-free Workplace.