Website HornerXpress, Treasure Coast, Inc.
Working Together, Growing Together, Winning Together
Reports to: Branch Manager
HornerXpress seeks an energetic, reliable, and team-oriented Delivery Driver to join our branch in Port St. Lucie, FL. The ideal candidate should have a clean driving record, ideally hold a valid Commercial Driver’s License, be willing to go the extra mile for the team, and have a strong work ethic. This position requires working from the Riviera Beach branch also as needed.
Key Responsibilities of this Role:
• Pull orders based on daily schedule
• Pack orders on to truck in a neat and orderly manner based on delivery schedule
• Load trucks in a secure manner in accordance with DOT regulations
• Properly mark outside of trucks with DOT signage
• Double check shipping orders in an accurate manner before leaving for route
• Perform daily pre-trip and post-trip inspection of trucks
• Maintain company vehicle with proper fuel level, cleans vehicle as needed, keeps interior clean and free of debris
• Maintain service schedule for maintenance
• Notify supervisor immediately of any repairs / work that needs to be handled
• Report all road violations, accidents, and unusual occurrences to supervisor immediately
• Keep a clean, presentable truck at all times
• Responsible for all maps, directions, contact numbers as needed.
• Responsible for collecting C.O.D payments on delivery
• Note all check/cash collections on order form
• Obtain signature for each delivery, or obtains supervisor’s permission to leave orders unsigned for
• Deliver product to customers and stock shelves where appropriate
• Assist in maintaining the warehouse in a safe, clean organized manner
• Help warehouse with stock replenishment
• Notify sales staff of any opportunities or changes in ordering
• Forward any complaints or concerns to Branch Management.
• Fill out necessary paperwork for product/warranty returns
• Empty vehicle and place returned merchandise in proper area
• Communicate any changes in customers’ buying habits to Branch Manager or Salesperson
Other Requirements for this Role:
• Positive, enthusiastic and flexible attitude
• Team-player mentality
• Strong communication skills
• Forklift Certified
• Clean driving record
• CDL Class C or CDL Class B, Hazmat endorsement preferred
• Ability to drive multiple hours at a time
• Ability to lift/carry/move 50 to 100lbs
• Ability to deliver up to 350lb equipment with a hand cart
• Bi-lingual a plus
Compensation and Benefits:
• Participation in the Team Horner Employee Stock Ownership Plan
• Tuition reimbursement
• Ongoing industry training
• Yearly performance and long service awards and events
• Paid time off: Holiday, Vacation and Personal
• Health, dental and vision insurance offered
• Short/Long term disability insurance offered
• 401K and Roth offered
• Extensive wellness program including one-to-one coaching, healthy living seminars, exercise facilities and classes, stand-up desks and many other great incentives
• Positive and friendly work environment
• Merchandise discounts
…and so much more!
Team Horner is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages growth and opportunity for all.
We are a Drug-free Workplace.