Team Horner Group
REPORTS TO: Payroll Administrator
HOURS: Full-time (Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM)
Are you an admin wiz with HR experience? Would you like to be a part of a strong, dynamic company with awesome teammates? Team Horner Group invites qualified applicants to apply for the position of Human Resources Assistant at our global head office in Fort Lauderdale, FL.
The HR Assistant will provide clerical and administrative support for the Human Resources Department. To be successful in this role, they must advocate the Team Horner value system, be confidential, efficient, flexible, and able to quickly adapt to the position requirements.
• Collate and prepare bi-weekly payroll transactions
• Assist with accurately entering employment data into payroll software (ADP) before each payroll cycle run
• Prepare payroll reports
Onboarding & Recruiting Support
• Request background reports and schedule drug screenings
• Complete telephone reference verifications
• Schedule profile assessments
• Print and prepare new hire package prior to new employees’ start date.
• Enter new hires into E-Verify.
Filing & Records Management
• Responsible for the accuracy and overall maintenance of employee files
• Create new hire files; close and archive terminated employees’ files
• Conduct annual Employee File Audit to ensure each employee has a file with essential documents included.
• Answer incoming telephone calls to the HR Department.
• Serve as backup to routine HR Generalist duties.
• Order and maintain adequate levels of department stationery and office supplies.
• Seek and achieve continuous personal and professional development
• Other duties as assigned by Payroll Administrator and/or HR Director.
Other Requirements for this Role:
• Positive, enthusiastic and flexible attitude
• Team-player mentality
• Proficient in Microsoft Office; especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
• Strong communication skills
• Attention to detail required
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to changing needs of department
• Proficient in HRIS software, ADP preferred
• Takes personal responsibility for assigned tasks
• High level of professionalism
Qualifications, Education & Training:
• High School Diploma
• 1-3 years of Human Resources experience required
Compensation & Benefits
• Participation in the Team Horner Employee Stock Ownership Plan
• Tuition reimbursement
• Ongoing industry training
• Yearly performance and long service awards and events
• Paid time off: Holiday, Vacation and Personal
• Health, dental and vision insurance offered
• Short/Long term disability insurance offered
• 401K and Roth offered
• Extensive wellness program including one-to-one coaching, healthy living seminars, exercise facilities and classes, stand-up desks and many other great incentives
• Positive and friendly work environment
• Merchandise discounts
…and so much more!
Team Horner is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages growth and opportunity for all. We are a Drug-free Workplace.