Website HornerXpress South Florida
Working Together, Growing Together, Winning Together
COMPANY: HornerXpress South Florida
REPORTS TO: Director of Supply Chain
We are looking for a motivated Supply Chain Coordinator at our South Florida branch! To be a good fit for this role, the candidate should have a background in logistics and supply chain management. Candidates must have a proven track record that encompasses great attention to detail and the ability to work in a very fast-paced environment. This position requires collaboration with multiple departments and colleagues. Being a team player is critical to the success of this role.
• Weekly monitoring the Federal Register to ensure compliance with constantly changing regulations.
• Assisting with the renewal of US DOT Hazmat Registrations and maintenance of Safety Data Sheet (SDS).
• Helping teammates in determining the correct hazmat classification for products.
• Update company’s MCS 150 profiles as needed.
• Solicit UCR registrations and updates.
• Coordinating compliance with all transportation regulations including but not limited to 49CFR and FMC.
• Obtaining PO confirmations from vendors/suppliers for pending orders.
• Helping with placing orders with vendors/suppliers after verifying price, quantities, and freight allowances.
• Contacting vendors to request shipping information.
• Tracing orders in transit when necessary, ensuring timely delivery.
• Requesting packing lists from vendors/suppliers to match the purchase orders.
• Disputing charges to vendors and carriers, including freight.
• Assist with employee training and maintain all necessary tracking.
• Working with other members of the Purchasing team to coordinate vendor orders and associated supply chain logistics.
• Assist with reports and any other departmental administrative needs.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Positive, enthusiastic, and flexible attitude
• Team-player mentality
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Strong knowledge actively using Excel.
• Strong communication skills
• Strong organizational skills
• College Degree or equivalent in Logistics, Supply Chain Management or similar.
• Relevant Supply Chain experience, preferably global, minimum 2-3 years
• Dangerous Goods export experience and knowledge a plus
• Travel to the branches when required.
Compensation & Benefits
• Participation in the Team Horner Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
• Tuition reimbursement.
• Ongoing industry training.
• Yearly performance and long service awards and events.
• Paid time off: Holiday, Vacation and Personal.
• Health, dental and vision insurance offered.
• Short/Long term disability insurance offered.
• 401K and Roth offered.
• Extensive wellness program including one-to-one coaching, healthy living seminars, exercise facilities and classes, stand-up desks, and many other great incentives.
• Positive and friendly work environment.
• Merchandise discounts.
…and so much more!