We are seeking a qualified, keen Accounting Assistant (Accounts Receivable) to join our dynamic team. The successful candidate will be knowledgeable in accounting principles, have work experience relevant to this role, and be able to quickly learn and execute the duties assigned. The Accounting Assistant will support the department by performing clerical tasks, including processing and recording receivables transactions, preparing reports, communicating with departments, clients, and vendors, filing, and other duties as needed. Strong attention to detail and organizational skills are required.
- Processing credit card authorization form from customer/team member in payment processing website.
- Notifying customers of payment discrepancies, working with customers to resolve issues
- Preparing Monthly A/R Summary Report
- Providing required documents to collection agencies or legal service providers as required
- Implementing the required course of action for each account identified
- Entering/updating new and existing customer data into ERP
- Accessing regulatory websites to verify compliance
- ·Posting invoices and credit notes
- Reviewing and analyzing credit notes before posting, ensuring correct coding is used.
- Responsive and proactive customer service- answering phones, faxing/ emailing documents, providing prompt service to customers, and communicating efficiently and accurately with partners.
- Generating required reports- running A/R and month-end reports, Performing Monthly Bank Reconciliation and reporting.
- Other duties as assigned
- Positive, enthusiastic, and flexible attitude
- Team-player mentality
- PC literate (Windows Office required; FACTS(ERP), Bi360, Salesforce a plus)
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong ability to organize, prioritize, and follow-up
- Receivables/Collections experience (1-year minimum)
- Accounting and/or Customer Service experience a plus
- High School education (or equivalent)
- Language skills a plus, especially Spanish
- Ability to attend company training programs, on campus and elsewhere, in and out of normal working hours
- Flexibility in scheduling to accommodate occasional requirements outside normal business hours
- Consistent attendance and reliability
- Positive performance reviews
- Contribution of suggestions for improvement
- A willingness to do what it takes to get the job done
- Involvement in continuous education and training, to improve knowledge of processes and regulations
- Compliance with established protocols and procedures
- Strong commitment to the Team Horner Value System
Compensation & Benefits
- Participation in the Team Horner Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Ongoing industry training
- Yearly performance and long service awards and events
- Paid time off Holiday, Vacation, and Personal
- Health, dental and vision insurance offered
- Short/Long-term disability insurance offered
- 401K and Roth offered
- Extensive wellness program including one-to-one coaching, healthy living seminars, exercise facilities and classes, stand-up desks, and many other great incentives
- Positive and friendly work environment
- Merchandise discounts
…and so much more!
Team Horner is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages growth and opportunity for all.
We are a Drug-free Workplace.