Website HornerXpress Fort Myers, Inc.
"Working Together, Growing Together, Winning Together"
HornerXpress seeks an energetic, driven, and team-oriented Delivery Driver (Flatbed Truck) to join our branch in Fort Myers, Florida. The ideal candidate must have a valid CDL Class B, clean driving record, have the willingness to go the extra mile for the team, and have a strong work ethic.
- Pull orders based on daily schedule
- Pack orders on to truck in a neat and orderly manner based on delivery schedule
- Load trucks in a secure manner in accordance with DOT regulations
- Properly mark outside of trucks with DOT signage
- Double check shipping orders in an accurate manner before leaving for route
- Perform daily pre-trip and post-trip inspection of trucks
- Maintain company vehicle with proper fuel level, cleans vehicle as needed, keeps interior clean and free of debris
- Maintain service schedule for maintenance
- Notify supervisor immediately of any repairs / work that needs to be handled
- Report all road violations, accidents, and unusual occurrences to supervisor immediately
- Keep a clean, presentable truck at all times
- Responsible for all maps, directions, contact numbers as needed.
- Responsible for collecting C.O.D payments on delivery
- Note all check/cash collections on order form
- Obtain signature for each delivery, or obtains supervisor’s permission to leave orders unsigned for
- Deliver product to customers and stock shelves where appropriate
- Assist in maintaining the warehouse in a safe, clean organized manner
- Help warehouse with stock replenishment
- Notify sales staff of any opportunities or changes in ordering
- Forward any complaints or concerns to Branch Management.
- Fill out necessary paperwork for product/warranty returns
- Empty vehicle and place returned merchandise in proper area
- Communicate any changes in customers’ buying habits to Branch Manager or Salesperson
OTHER REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS ROLE:
- Positive, enthusiastic and flexible attitude
- Team-player mentality
- Strong communication skills
- Forklift Certified
- Clean driving record
- CDL Class B, Hazmat endorsement preferred
- Experience driving flatbed trucks
- Ability to drive multiple hours at a time
- Ability to lift/carry/move 50 to 100lbs continuously
- Ability to deliver up to 350lb equipment with a hand cart
- Bi-lingual a plus
Compensation and Benefits:
- Participation in the Team Horner Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Ongoing industry training
- Yearly performance and long service awards and events
- Paid time off: Holiday, Vacation and Personal
- Health, dental and vision insurance offered
- Short/Long term disability insurance offered
- 401K and Roth Offered
- Extensive wellness program including one-to-one coaching, healthy living seminars, exercise facilities and classes, stand-up desks and many other great incentives
- Merchandise discounts
… and so much more!
Team Horner is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages growth and opportunity for all.
Team Horner is a drug-free workplace.